Dear North Aurora Resident:
We are pleased to inform you that the Village has entered into a contract with Geneva Construction to resurface the street adjacent to your home. The project scope includes spot curb and sidewalk removal and replacement, storm structure repairs, removal and replacement of the asphalt roadway, and restoration of areas disturbed by the work including the right of way (area between sidewalk and curb). The reverse side of this letter shows a map of the streets (in red) included in this year’s project. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience this project may temporarily have on your neighborhood.
Anticipated Start Time Frame: Week of May 31 (Weather pending)
Project Duration: Anticipated completed by: October 1, 2021
- Due to the scope and nature of this project, as well as the unpredictability of weather, some delays and disruptions may occur. We ask for your understanding during these times and that the scope of this project includes improvements on many streets in many areas throughout the Village. There will be times when no work is occurring on your street as different phases of construction progresses on the overall project. The goal is to complete all of the work on your street as quickly as possible.
Project Updates: Periodic project updates, progress and schedule will be available at http://northaurora.org/ starting June 4th.
Street Access: Always open to traffic, may be small delays accessing certain segments of the street depending on the construction activity in progress. Mail delivery will not be interrupted and emergency response vehicles will have access at all times.
- The Contractor will be instructed to provide access to your driveway as much as possible during work operations with full access by the end of each work day. However, some exceptions will occur:
- When concrete curb or sidewalk is removed and replaced adjacent to your driveway, you may lose access to your driveway for up to seven days or more while work occurs and the concrete cures. The Contractor is instructed to deliver a notice at least 24 hours in advance, if your driveway will be affected.
Parking During Construction:
- Parking on the street during construction hours, typically 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, however they are allowed by ordinance to work from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm, Monday through Friday will be prohibited. Please park on adjacent streets not under construction during the working hours if your driveway is inaccessible.
- Grass areas impacted by the removal and replacement of the concrete work will be restored by the contractor with pulverized topsoil and seed.
- As with any resurfacing project, before the placement of the asphalt surface the Contractor will spray a “tacky” oil based substance called tack coat. Before this work, the Contractor will erect “Fresh Oil” signs. However, should you not see the signs and the roadway appears freshly oiled, we would encourage you to proceed very slowly as the material is quite adherent to vehicles and clothing. If you want to avoid getting tire track marks on the driveway, you may want to park your vehicle on a street not being worked on.
- Please have your garbage; recyclables and yard waste out at the curb the night before your scheduled pick-up day so that they may send a truck through early before any heavy construction begins for the day.
Thank you in advance for your patience and if you have general questions regarding the project please Village Engineer, Brandon Tonarelli at 630.897.8228. The Resident Engineer In Charge of this project is Brandon Kramer. He will be supervising the construction activities taking place and can answer any detailed questions you may have. Brandon, Resident Engineer In Charge: 630.809.4328.
Brandon Tonarelli, P.E.