Information on this Page :
Curbside Collection | Recycling | Sticker Vendors | Yard Waste Programs | Bulk Items | Holiday Schedule | Electronic and Hazardous Recycling, Batteries and Old Medication Disposal
Groot will service the Village of North Aurora for waste hauler services on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday each week. The collection days are:
- Monday: Households west of Randall Road
- Tuesday: Households east of Randall Road and west of the Fox River
- Wednesday: Households east of the Fox River
See the collection map here for your service day.
Curbside Collection Program
Residents will be required to have their containers at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on their designated collection day.
- Groot will collect unlimited refuse properly placed for curbside collection in bags or refuse containers not exceeding 35 gallons. All bags and refuse containers must have one sticker attached to each item.
- Residents may elect to participate in the toter program. Groot will provide one 95 or 65 gallon refuse toter for a monthly rate. Residential solid waste placed at the curb in addition to the toter will require the use of a pre-paid sticker affixed to each item.
- Groot will provide a 65 gallon toter designated for recycling only. Recyclable material outside the cart will be collected as long as it is properly prepared. For recycling guidelines please click here.
- Bulk items (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. Bulk items exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item.
- White goods (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. White goods exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item. Regardless of size and weight, all appliances/white goods must be called in for a scheduled pick up.
- Pay per bag and yard waste subscriptions with a 95 gallon cart available for an annual fee. Please contact Groot at (630) 892-9294 for rates and details.
Each residence in North Aurora has been provided with a Recycling toter from Groot. As new homes are built and occupied, the new homeowners will be furnished one 64-gallon recycling cart at no charge. Stickers are NOT required on recycling containers. Please see the Groot Guidelines for Recycling preparation information and acceptable materials. Accepted items include: plastic bottles and containers, food and beverage cans, paper, flattened cardboard and paperboard and food/beverage cartons. All items should be cleaned/rinsed and free of any water or food residue. For a list of all items Groot accepts please click here. For information on how to dispose of more hazardous items (like paint, tires, televisions, batteries, etc.) please click here. Additional information on batteries and old medications can be found further down this page as well.
In addition, the Kane County Electronic Recycling program includes multiple collection events throughout the county for residents. For more information on all Kane County Recycling, including hazardous waste, electronics and more, visit the Kane County Recycling Website at Kane County Recycling. View the Kane County Recycling Guide here.
- BP North Aurora Gas Station 101 S. Lincolnway North Aurora, IL 60542
- Jays Wine and Liquors 186 Butterfield Road North Aurora, IL 60542
- Jewel #3219 119 Randall Road Batavia, IL 60542
- Jewel #3240 1157 Eola Road Aurora, IL 60505
- Jewel # 3252 1952 W. Galena Aurora, IL 60505
- Jewel #3374 465 Route 47 N. Sugar Grove, IL 60554
- MP Liquor and Wine 905 Oak Street North Aurora, IL 60542
- Old Second Community Bank 200 John St. North Aurora, IL 60542
- Riverview Citgo Gas Station 13 N. River Road North Aurora, IL 60542
- 7-Eleven 718 Butterfield Road North Aurora, IL 60542
- 7-Eleven 2 Lincolnway North Aurora, IL 60542
- Speedway Gas Station #5393 15 N. Randall Rd. North Aurora, IL 60542
- Speedway Gas Station #6917 417 S. Lincolnway North Aurora, IL 60542
- Village of North Aurora 25 E. State Street North Aurora, IL 60542
- Woodman’s Market 151 Hansen Blvd. North Aurora, IL 60542
Yard Waste program
Yard Waste Season – April 1– November 30th: North Aurora residents will have the option to choose between a sticker and subscription program for yard waste.
- Pay-per-bag/Sticker Program An unlimited amount of properly prepared yard waste bags or resident owned 32 gallon rigid containers will be collected curbside each week as long as a prepaid landscape waste sticker is affixed to each container.
- Subscription Program A 95 gallon cart designated for yard waste will be provided. Any yard waste outside the cart will be collected as long as it is properly prepared and a sticker affixed to each item. The customer will be billed an annual fee for this program.
Free Leaf Collection
Leaves placed in 33 gallon brown paper bags will be picked up for free (no stickers required) during the free leaf collection between October 1st and November 30th. Curbside leaf collection is held during October and November and residents should check the Village’s website homepage and newsletter for current pick-up schedules.
Fall Clean Up Day
The Village of North Aurora offers a Fall clean up day each year. Dates are posted on the Village’s website and printed in the Village’s newsletter. This special pick up day is for bulk items and regular trash; yard waste requires stickers as usual.
Bulk & Oversized Item Disposal
Bulk items (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. Bulk items exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item Bulk items include: boxes, barrels, crates, furniture, and similar items that do not fit into a proper container and can be collected/lifted by one driver without assistance. Exceptions include items which are banned from direct disposal into a landfill (appliances, tires, car batteries, TV’s, electronic waste).
Oversized and overweight items will be collected but will require five pre-paid stickers to be affixed to each item. Oversized/overweight items are any single large or extra heavy item that will require the resident to schedule a special pick-up. An example of an oversized item is a piano, hot tub or any item that requires two or more people to lift. A per item fee of will apply for each oversized item and residents will be required to call Groot at (630) 892-9294 to schedule a pick in advance.
White goods (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. White goods exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item. Residents must call Groot at (630) 892-9294 to schedule collection of white goods. Items should not be placed at the curb until the evening before the scheduled collection.
Groot Holiday Pick-Up Information
If the holiday falls on a weekday, on or before your scheduled collection, service will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the holiday week. If the holiday falls on Sunday, it will be observed on Monday and service will be delayed one day the entire week.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Kane County Recycling
The Kane County Electronic Recycling program includes multiple collection events throughout the county for residents. Please note, there will be a fee to recycle TVs and computer monitors – both tube and flat screen for all drop-off locations. For more information on all Kane County Recycling, including hazardous waste, electronics and more, visit the Kane County Recycling Website at Kane County Recycling. View the Kane County Recycling Guide here.
Kane County also has several Recycling Centers that are open to the general public and accept appliances, electronics (small fee may apply), scrap metal, textiles and clothing, one of which recently opened in Aurora.
Location: VetTech Facility, 911 North Lake Street, Aurora.
Hours: 8am – 4pm Monday-Friday
This location takes residential and business wastes; businesses must identify themselves as such.
The Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off is one of four statewide locations. Since opening in 1998 and up to 2019, the Naperville facility has collected over 2 million pounds of hazardous materials from 44,370 Kane County Residents.
This facility is funded in partnership by the Illinois EPA, DuPage County, Kane County, Will County, and the Cities of Aurora and Naperville.
This location is for residential wastes only.
Location: 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville, IL 60540
Hours: 9am – 2pm every Saturday and Sunday
Contact: Naperville Public Works (M-F) at 630-420-6095 for inquiries
Battery and old medication Disposal
To dispose of batteries, find a list of all locations in Kane County that accept batteries here. Groot will not pickup batteries. Please note that some locations will not be available to North Aurora Residents.
To dispose of old medications, find a list of all locations in Kane County that accept old medications here. Please note that some locations will not be available to North Aurora Residents.
Groot will provide curbside collection of e-waste on your collection day for a prepaid additional fee. Residents must call Groot 24 hours in advance at (630) 892-9294 to schedule collection of e-waste.