The Building and Zoning Division is responsible for the maintenance of the Village of North Aurora Building and Zoning Ordinances including, but not limited to, Property Maintenance codes as well as issuing building permits. The Building and Zoning Division staff reviews the applications for completeness, plat of survey and blueprints or drawings, to ensure compliance with local, state and national standards and/or ordinances as recognized by:
- Village of North Aurora Zoning Ordinance *
- Village of North Aurora Subdivision Control Ordinance *
- Illinois Smoke Alarm Law 2023
- International Building Code 2009 Edition
- International Property Maintenance Code 2006 Edition
- International Mechanical Code 2009 Edition
- “BOCA” National Fire Prevention Code 2009 Edition
- International Energy Conservation Code 2012 Edition (as adopted by the State of Illinois)
- State of Illinois Plumbing Code Latest Edition
- International One and Two Family Dwelling Code 2009 Edition *
- State of Illinois Accessibility Code 1997 Edition
- National Electrical Code 2008 Edition *
- NFPA 101
- Cold Weather Concrete Policy – The Village of North Aurora restricts the pouring of concrete for any public facility including, but not limited to, concrete sidewalk, driveway aprons, curb and gutter, and cast in place structures between the months of November and April.
* Indicates that local amendments are applicable
Permit applications, surveys and plans can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted when your permit is approved via phone or e-mail. Payment for permits can be taken over the phone with a debit or credit card. Upon payment, permits will be e-mailed to you.
Contractor Registration – As of December 20, 2021 contractor registration is no longer required.
Current codes are available by calling the following:
- International Code Council (ICC): (888) 422-7233
- State of Illinois: (217) 524-0799
- National Electrical Code Office: (800) 344-3555
- Code Enforcement Information