The Village requires all businesses to submit a business registration form annually per Ordinance 00-10-09-04. Failure to register your business and complete the alarm information section may result in fees should the Police respond to an unregistered address.
Forms for existing businesses are due by January 1st each calendar year. The annual registration fee is $50.00. Please find the Existing Business Registration Form here.
Forms for new businesses are due within 30 days of a new business opening. The registration fee is $50.00. Please find the New Business Registration Form here.
New businesses are also required to confirm the property’s zoning district and use of of property prior to opening. Please see Section 1 – Zoning Information on the registration form for more information.
In addition to Section 1, new businesses may need to contact the Village regarding the following (if applicable):
- Building Permit Applications – any work on property (remodel, accessory structures, etc.)
- Building permits questions can be directed to 630.897.1457 or email@example.com
- Exterior Sign Permit Application – temporary and permanent signs both require sign permits.
- Temporary signage may advertise the opening of a business for thirty (30) consecutive days. After 30 days, all temporary signage must be removed.
- Other Licenses and Registrations – Liquor, Tobacco, Tattoo, etc.
- Please note: the Village does not allow video gaming cafes/parlors.