An Attentive Municipal Organization that Connects with Community, Commerce, and Nature.
July 3rd Information -- Fireworks, Food, Parking and More!
Our annual Independence Day celebration and fireworks show will be on Monday, July 3 at Riverfront Park (25 East State Street), which is right next to Village Hall. The event starts at 5pm, live music begins at 6pm and fireworks will launch at ~9:30pm.
Please see all public parking locations on the map below. ~20 additional public parking spots will also be available at the former Obregon Medical Clinic. Handicap parking is available at Riverfront Park and Village Hall. The back lot of Village Hall will be closed.
Food and Drinks
Our event is BYOB for alcohol and beverages. For food, we encourage attendees to bring their own food (or grills!) to enjoy the evening. There will be an ice cream truck on site and listed below are all food options within 1 mile of the park you may wish to check out!
Food Establishments (in alphabetical order):
• A & W Restaurant – 113 South Lincolnway (0.4 miles)
• Bruno’s Cheesesteaks – 17 South Lincolnway (0.3 miles)
• Cream King Ice Cream Truck – on site at park (0.0 miles)
• Juquilita Tacos – 18 West State Street (0.2 miles)
• Kappy’s – 120 Butterfield Road (0.3 miles)
• Moka Coffee – 24 South Lincolnway (0.4 miles)
• Real Minas Restaurant — 200 Butterfield Road (0.6 miles)
• 7-Eleven Convenience Store – 2 South Lincolnway (0.3 miles)
Enjoy live music from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm as Hello Weekend performs. Hello Weekend is a nonstop, hit after hit, party band. They not only bring high-energy sound with Christina’s heart stopping vocals, but they bring a captivating stage presence and an overall transfixing performance, the likes of which, you won’t soon forget!
After the fireworks show has concluded (~10pm) please be advised of the following when leaving from the event:
• The State Street Bridge will be a non-viewing area during the show and will remain closed after the show for traffic and will be only accessible for pedestrians.
• North Aurora Island Park after the show can only go east bound on State Street or south bound on Grant Street (no west bound travel from the park).
• Village Hall will be for Handicapped Parking and after the show, traffic from Village Hall will only be able to go east bound on State or south bound on Grant Street.
• Monroe Street will be able to exit onto State Street but can only travel west bound. Monroe Street will also have the option to go north bound to Oak Street.
• Viewing lot (Old Activity Center) will have to go north bound in the alley to Oak Street or exit onto State Street but only traveling west bound to the intersection of Rt. 31 and Oak.
• Harner’s Lot and the small parking lots next to Harner’s will have to travel west bound only onto State Street.
• South Oak Street at the intersection of Rt. 31 will only be able to travel north bound onto Rt. 31 after the fireworks show.
• Rt. 31 at State Street will be closed to all eastbound traffic until traffic is cleared from viewing area.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Install Village of North Aurora
Install this application on your home screen for quick and easy access when you’re on the go.