PUBLIC NOTICE FOR HEARING ON
ZONING ORDINANCE TEXT CHANGES RELATIVE TO CANNABIS LAND USES
PLEASE BE NOTIFIED that a public hearing will be held before the North Aurora Plan Commission at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1, 2019, at the North Aurora Village Hall Meeting Room, 25 East State Street, North Aurora, Illinois to consider the following text amendments to the North Aurora Municipal Code (Zoning Ordinance):
1) Title 17.8.2 to allow Recreational Cannabis Dispensaries in the District B-1 – Community Business District, B-2 – General Business District and B-3 – Central Business District as a special use.
2) Title 17.9.2 to allow Recreational Cannabis Dispensaries in the I-1 – Limited Industrial District, I-2 – General Industrial District and I-3 – Central Industrial District as a special use.
3) Title 17.9.2 to allow Cannabis Craft Growers, Cannabis Infuser Organizations, Cannabis Processing Organizations, and Cannabis Transporting Organizations in the I-2 – General Industrial District as a special use.
4) Title 17.10.2 to allow Recreational Cannabis Dispensaries in the O-R -Office and Research District and O-R-I – Office Research and Light Industrial District as a special use.
5) Title 17.11.2 to establish buffer requirements for Recreational Cannabis Dispensaries from the perimeter of school grounds, a playground, a recreation center or facility, a child care center, a public park or public library, or a game arcade to which admission is not restricted to persons 21 years of age or older.
6) Title 17.11.2 to prohibit on-site consumption of cannabis as part of any permitted or conditional use.
The proposed text amending the foregoing provisions of Title 17 of the North Aurora Municipal Code will be on file at the North Aurora Village Hall and available for public inspection, as amended from time to time. All public comments shall be taken at the hearing.
DATED: This 4th day of September, 2019
/s/ Michael Toth
Community & Economic Development Director