Starting April 1st, 2017 the Village of North Aurora will be changing the way we process our overweight/oversize permits. We will be using an online-based permitting system via the website, www.oxcartpermits.com. Once the software is implemented, the older system of processing permits (via fax and/or email) will be discontinued. Any of the old permitting forms submitted after that time will not be accepted and/or approved.
Any company wanting to apply for an overweight/oversize permit in the Village of North Aurora will have to use the Oxcart permitting software. Registration is easy and can be completed on the Oxcart website under the Trucking login/sign up link https://www.oxcartpermits.com/user/trucking. Once registered, companies will then be able to reap the benefits of the following via Oxcart:
• Access a simple to use online interface for requesting local permits
• Paperless permits downloadable to your computer or any mobile device
• Eliminate tedious paper processes, faxing and phone calls
• Speed the process of permit approvals
• Features an online, interactive mapping solution to assist in route selection
• Online permit approvals pushed to your email inbox
• Provide an easy, online payment system (Credit Card Only – see below)
Processing and Credit Card Fees
In addition to the Village of North Aurora permit fees, Oxcart will require a nominal processing fee for each permit. Oxcart will also assess a credit card fee for each permit processed. Those charges are as follows:
• Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Diner’s Club – 2.9% of total permitting fee (permit & processing fee combined)
• Plus a $.30 transaction fee for ALL permits
If you have any questions, please contact Sgt. Daniel Cyko or a Records Specialist at the North Aurora Police Department by calling 630-897-8705 or sending an email to email@example.com.