NORTH AURORA VILLAGE BOARD MEETING
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Monday, August 1, 2022
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Village Board meeting was conducted live remotely
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Gaffino called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Mark Gaffino, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Mark Guethle, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Todd Niedzwiedz, Trustee Carolyn Salazar
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Jason Paprocki, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Village Attorney Kevin Drendel, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Joe DeLeo.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 07/18/2022
2. Bills List Dated 08/01/2022 FY 2022 in the Amount of $12,560.36
3. Bills List Dated 08/01/2022 FY 2023 in the Amount of $366,887.30
4. Approval of an Ordinance Amending the North Aurora Code Section 16.12.190 Landscaping and Trees to Update Parkway Tree Recommend Species
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Niedzwiedz – yes, Trustee Salazar – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
1. Approval of Special Event for ABD Cycling
Administrator Bosco explained that ABD Cycling would like to use Village streets for an event to take place on Saturday, September 24, 2022. The event will utilize Brenton Avenue, Patterson Avenue and Fair Meadow Street, however no road closures will be needed. They will also be utilizing sound amplification starting at 8:00 AM.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Guethle. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Niedzwiedz – yes, Trustee Salazar – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
2. Approval to Award Demolition of 19 South Lincolnway to K.L.F. Enterprises in the Amount of $79,000.00
Director Toth stated that the Village had eight different demolition companies attend a pre-bid meeting on July 14, 2022 for the demolition of 19 S. Lincolnway, resulting in a total of five companies bidding on the project. The highest bid came in at $152,000 while K.L.F. Enterprises came in at $79,000. Staff recommended moving forward with K.L.F Enterprises.
Trustee Carroll asked why staff thought that there was such a large difference in bid amounts. Director Toth explained that a requirement of the project is to have it completed in 60 days. He said that some contractors may bid higher in order for the project to take precedence ahead of other projects that may not have a deadline.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Niedzwiedz. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Niedzwiedz – yes, Trustee Salazar – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
VILLAGE PRESIDENT – None
TRUSTEES COMMENTS – None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – Administrator Bosco reminded everyone that North Aurora Days was taking place on Friday August 5th and Saturday August 6th with events throughout the community.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – Chief Joe DeLeo stated that Tuesday August 2nd was National Night Out with ten neighborhood parties scheduled throughout the community. Chief DeLeo also stated that Officer Cook was anticipated to graduate from the academy in Champaign on August 10, 2022.
4. Public Works – None
Motion to adjourn was made by Trustee Carroll and seconded by Trustee Guethle. All in favor. Motion approved.