NORTH AURORA VILLAGE BOARD MEETING
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, AUGUST 3, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Village Board meeting was conducted live remotely
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Bill Hannah, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Village Attorney Kevin Drendel, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
TRUSTEE COMMENTS – Trustee Carroll asked if the Board was going to continue meetings on the Zoom platform, to which Mayor Berman said his feelings were that they should, but said if a majority would like meetings in person the Board could do that. Trustee Guethle said he was fine with the way meetings were currently being run on Zoom.
1. Village Board Minutes dated 08/03/2020 and Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 08/03/2020
2. Interim Bills List Dated 07/28/20 FY ’20 in the Amount of $76,671.73
3. Bills List Dated 08/03/2020 FY ’20 in the Amount of $137,911.14
4. Bills List Dated 08/03/2020 FY ’21 in the Amount of $233,944.50
5. Pay Request #3, Final, to A Lamp Concrete Contractors, Inc., for Monroe Alley in the Amount of $55,671.50
6. Pay Request #5, Final, to Geneva Construction Company for 2019 Street Improvements in the Amount of $34,243.43
7. Pay Request #2 to J & S Construction Sewer and Water, Inc., for Elm Avenue and Maple Avenue Water Main Improvements in the Amount of $93,937.97
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Martinez. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino –yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
1. Approval of Ordinance Amending Chapter 5.35 of the North Aurora Municipal Code Regulating Mobile Food Vending in the Village of North Aurora
Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth said this item has been brought before the board in both June and July and the major changes to the ordinance now include the addition of trailers and also language regarding catering. The ordinance limits mobile food vendors to no more than one per day and no more than one at a time on a property unless it is part of a special event, which requires a special event permit, with a time limit of no more than two hours.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethele and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – Yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – Yes. Motion approved (6-0).
2. Approval of Ordinance Amending Chapter 5.70.020 of the North Aurora Municipal Code Regulating Conditions and Permits for Outdoor Special Events in the Village of North Aurora
Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth said the purpose of this ordinance was to mirror the mobile food vendor ordinance.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Carroll and seconded by Trustee Guethele. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – Yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – Yes. Motion approved (6-0).
OLD BUSINESS – None
Encouraged people to continue to wear masks, social distance and to be careful.
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
TRUSTEES COMMENTS – None
Updated the Board on the CARES Act Funding and said the County is still moving forward to get funds for municipalities, which will also now include fire districts and other taxing bodies.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – Noted the Plan Commission will likely be having a meeting in September to discuss Forest Ridge Townhomes located west of Windstone.
3. Police – None
4. Public Works – None
EXECUTIVE SESSION – None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Guethele. All in favor. Motion approved.
Natalie F. Stevens
Deputy Village Clerk