VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
JUNE 18, 2018
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PELDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Mark Guethle, Village Clerk Lori Murray. Not in attendance: Trustees Laura Curtis and Tao Martinez.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Public Works Superintendent John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher, Village Attorney Kevin Drendel.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
TRUSTEE COMENTS – None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 6/4/2018 and Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 6/4/2018
2. Ordinance pertaining to the Prevailing Rates of Wages
3. Ordinance Amending Ordinance 18-03-05-02 Approving the Site Plan for the Property Located at 24 S. Lincolnway in the Village of North Aurora
4. Resolution Acknowledging Substantial Completion of Public Improvements Triggering the One-Year Maintenance Period for the Property Located at the Northeast Corner of Oak Street and Randall Road
5. Bills List dated 6/18/2018 FY18 in the Amount of $78,294.47
6. Bills List dated 6/18/2018 FY19 in the Amount of $95,397.47
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
1. Approval of an Ordinance Granting Map Amendments and a Special Use for a
Residential Planned Unit Development for Lincoln Valley on the Fox.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Gaffino and seconded by Trustee Guethle. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
2. Ordinance Approving a Temporary Use Permit for the property at 1175 Oak Street
North Aurora, Illinois as a place of religious worship.
In 2016 the Village Board approved a temporary use for the property with a term of 1 year and an option for a 6-month extension. The extension was exercised and will expire soon. The current user is requesting an additional continuation until December 31, 2018. Motion for approval made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Guethle. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – abstained. Motion approved (3-0).
3. Resolution of Support for the Revised Route 31 Tax Increment Financing District
Façade Grant Program Guidelines
The guidelines set forth explain who is eligible for the TIF assistance. There is a $20,000 match program at 50% and $10,000 for sign replacement at no match. This was brought before the operations committee on May 7th for discussion about including demolition as an eligible expense that could be applied to the TIF Façade Grant Program. There is some amended language. Staff is looking to include demolition for structures that are considered a visual blight. Also, include the removal of nonconforming single family homes. When demolishing a home from a TIF Increment, the Village loses some of the TIF increment that might be generated from that house.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
4. Approval of a 5-Year Professional Services Agreement with Layne Christensen for
The Village is not obligated to use Layne Christensen for this service, however, all of the wells, motors and pumps are Byron Jackson. Layne Christensen is the only service provider that is certified in Illinois to service these pumps. Motion for approval made by Trustee Carroll and seconded by Trustee Guethle. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
OLD BUSINESS – None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT REPORT – None
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
TRUSTEES’ COMMENTS – None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – None
FIRE DISTRICT – Absent
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – None
4. Public Works – None
EXECUTIVE SESSION – None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Carroll. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray