VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
JUNE 1, 2020
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Village Board meeting was conducted live remotely
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Guethle, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Mark Gaffino and Village Clerk Lori Murray.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Bill Hannah, Public Works Superintendent John Laskowski, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Village Attorney Kevin Drendel, Water Superintendent Paul Young.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
Trustee Guethle said that he was on a call with the county about the $92,000,000 pandemic emergency funding and it appears that North Aurora may qualify. Village Administrator Steve Bosco said that Metro West has attended a meeting with the Kane County Task Force that is assigned to disburse those funds. As of today or tomorrow, a letter is going out on behalf of all of the Kane County communities requesting that the Kane County Government include municipalities in the process to determine how to distribute those funds and to make sure that municipalities get a fair share. Mayor Berman said that all of the mayors have signed that letter.
Trustee Carroll acknowledged that staff has done an excellent job in communicating to the public during this pandemic and thanked both staff and the police department for keeping the residents apprised on what is going on and keeping the village safe. Carroll also stated that he appreciated the communication from staff on Facebook.
1. Village Board Minutes dated 05/18/2020; Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 05/18/2020
2. Interim Bills List Dated 05/22/20 in the Amount of $163,732.61
3. Bills List Dated 06/01/2020 FY ’20 in the Amount of $126,645.33
4. Bills List Dated 06/01/2020 FY ’21 in the Amount of $18,628.35
5. Approval of Resolution Accepting a Grant of Easement and Vacation on Lot 3 N.A. Lodging’s Randall Crossing Subdivision in the Village of North Aurora
6. Approval of Resolution for Route 31 TIF Façade Grant Funding to 113 S. Lincolnway, North Aurora (A&W Restaurant) in the Amount of $4,850.00
7. Approval of Pay Request #2, Partial, for Well #8 & 9 Contract C — Site Work to H. Linden & Sons Sewer and Water, Inc. in the Amount of $88,632.23
Motion for approval made by Trustee Carroll and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
1. Approval of the 2020-21 Village of North Aurora Strategic Plan
Motion for approval made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Carroll. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
OLD BUSINESS – None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT – None
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
Trustee Gaffino noted that the last three months have been a trying time on staff and they have done an outstanding job.
Village Administrator Steve Bosco said the Village Hall will be opening on June 15th with safety measures in place.
Bosco noted that the police chief has been in close communication throughout the last few days and the police department is doing a great job in communicating with outdoor agencies to keep the village safe.
Mayor Berman asked if anyone had been to downtown Aurora. Trustee Martinez said he had a chance to see the area and there have been a lot of volunteers assisting to get things back in place.
Atty. Drendel echoed what was previously said regarding Village of North Aurora staff and the North Aurora Police Department.
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – None
4. Public Works – None
EXECUTIVE SESSION – None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Guethle. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray