VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 6, 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Village Hall was closed to the public and the meeting was held electronically.
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle and Village Clerk Lori Murray.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Bill Hannah, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher and Village Attorney Kevin Drendel.
PROCLAMATION – Arbor Day
Mayor Berman proclaimed April 24th as Arbor Day in the Village of North Aurora.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
TRUSTEE COMMENTS – None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 03/16/2020; Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 03/16/2020
2. Bills List Dated 04/06/2020 in the Amount of $667,606.44
3. Interim Bills List Dated 03/27/2020 in the Amount of $28,168.94
4. Approval of Ordinance Granting a Special Use Pursuant to Title 17, Chapter 8 of the North Aurora Zoning Ordinance to Allow a Utility at 151 S. Lincolnway in The B-3 Central Business District, Village Of North Aurora, Illinois
5. Approval of Resolution Accepting a Grant of Public Sanitary Sewer Easement in The Springs At Orchard Road
6. Approval of Resolution Accepting a Grant Of Public Water Easement in The Springs at Orchard Road in The Village Of North Aurora
7. Approval of Water Department New Truck Purchase from Coffman GMC in the Amount of $40,608.00
8. Approval of Pay Request #3, Partial, to Frank Marshall Electric for Well #8 & 9 Electrical Facilities in the Amount of $448,264.80
9. Approval of Pay Request #5, Partial, to Layne Christensen Company for Well #8 & 9 Pumps and Motors in the Amount of $187,605.00
10. Awarding of 2020 Road Program Bid to Geneva Construction Company in the Amount of $1,163,754.20
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
1. Approval of Ordinance Acknowledging a State of Emergency in Response to COVID-19
and Extending the State of Emergency for the Village of North Aurora
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Curtis. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
OLD BUSINESS – None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT – None
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
TRUSTEES’ COMMENTS – None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – None
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – None
4. Public Works – None
EXECUTIVE SESSION – None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Carroll. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray