VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
OCTOBER 1, 2018
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle and Village Clerk Lori Murray.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Bill Hannah, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher, Village Attorney Kevin Drendel.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
TRUSTEE COMMENTS – None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 9/17/18; Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 9/16/18
2. Pay Request No. 1, Final, in the Amount of $74,250.00 for the 2018 Crack Sealing Project
3. Bills List dated 8/20/18 in the Amount of $206,843.81
Motion for approval made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Curtis. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
1. Approval of a Resolution Approving Route 31 TIF Façade Grant Funding in the Amount of $17,342.50 for the Property Located at 2 N. Lincolnway
Motion for approval made by Trustee Curtis and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
2. Approval of an Ordinance Amending Title 5, Chapter 5.36 Tattoo and Bodey Piercing Establishments
Motion for approval made by Trustee Carroll and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
OLD BUSINESS – None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT REPORT – None
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
TRIUSTEES’ COMMENTS – None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – None
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – The auditors have finished their report. The Village is hoping to have the final report in a couple of weeks and will have a presentation for the first meeting in November.
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – None
4. Public works – None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Gaffino and seconded by Trustee Guethle. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray