Village Board Minutes
VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
JUNE 3, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Mark Guethle, Village Clerk Lori Murray. Not in attendance: Trustee Tao Martinez.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Bill Hannah, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
TRUSTEE COMMENTS - None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 5/20/19; C.O.W. Minutes 5/20/19
2. Travel and Expenses for Business Purposes in the Amount of $35.00
3. Interim Bills List in the Amount of $103,226.81
4. Bills List dated 6/3/19 in the Amount of $142,982.65
Motion for approval made by Trustee Gaffino and seconded by Trustee Curtis. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
1. Approval of an Ordinance Amending Title 17 of the North Aurora Code Regarding
Business District Land Use Classifications
Motion for approval made by Trustee Curtis and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
2. Approval of an Ordinance Granting a Special Use Pursuant to Title 17, Chapter 8 of
the North Aurora Zoning Ordinance to allow a Microbrewery at 1059 Orchard Road in the B-2 General Business District, Village of North Aurora, Illinois
Motion for approval made by Trustee Curtis and seconded by Trustee Guethle. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
3. Approval of a Resolution Amending the Public Works Policies Manual
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Curtis. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
OLD BUSINESS - None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT - None
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
Village Administrator Steve Bosco said that the Village has had several complaints regarding drainage issues due to the amount of rain that has fallen. The Village is in the process of reviewing a proposal from an engineering firm to look at a study of the Tanner Trails stormwater system where there was a sinkhole issue. The Village is also talking about another study for the east side of town to address stormwater issues. Both items would come back to the Village Board for review.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – None
4. Public Works – Public Works Director John Laskowski confirmed that there have been a lot of resident concerns regarding the rain. Once the Village is informed about an issue, the village researches the issue and meets with the resident. As of Monday, the Village has had 24 complaints come in. Staff will continue to update the village board in the weekly reports.
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Carroll and seconded by Trustee Guethle. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray