Village Board Minutes
VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
NOVEMBER 19, 2018
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER - MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle, Village Clerk Lori Murray.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher, Village Attorney Kevin Drendel,
Sid Pearce, 217 Ridge Road, North Aurora – addressed the Board regarding the construction times for the new development at the former Fox Valley Country Club property. Pearce stated that construction starts as early as 5:30 a.m. and goes until 9:00 p.m. Pearce asked the Board to reconsider the allowable construction times to cut down on the noise that the residents are currently subject to. Mayor Berman said that the Village has allowed the work times so that the developer can complete the work in the shortest amount of time. Construction equipment and trucks are on the north end of Banbury and Route 25 so they do not drive by the homes. Berman noted that the Village ordinance is not any different than the surrounding communities. Trustee Guethle asked if construction is continuing until 9 pm. Village Administrator Steve Bosco said that currently the developer is trying to get all of the underground work completed. They will only be able to pave next week since the asphalt companies will be closing down. Staff has been working with them to keep the truck traffic away from Ridge Road. Paving should be done as soon as Wednesday and when this month is over, the noise will subside substantially. Bosco noted that as far as starting construction at 5:30 a.m., the Village has contacted D.R. Horton to inform them that work cannot begin until 6:00 a.m. The Village is also having the police go to the site to make sure work does not start early. Pearce asked that the Village consider changing the current times allowed for construction.
TRUSTEE COMMENTS - None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 11/05/2018; Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 11/05/2018
2. Pay Request No. 2, Partial to Builders Paving LLC in the Amount of $701,055.06 for the 2018 Street and Infrastructure Improvements
3. Pay Request No. 4, Partial to Layne Christensen in the Amount of $142,515.00 for the Well No. 8, Contract One Drilling
4. Approval of Executive Session Minutes dated 5/21/2018; 6/18/2018; 7/2/2018; 7/16/2018; and 8/6/2018 Session I and II
5. Travel and Expenses for Business Purposes for Dale Berman in the Amount of $35.00
6. Bills List dated 11/19/2018 in the Amount of $1,176.932.32
Motion for approval made by Trustee Curtis and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
1. A Resolution Approving a Collective Bargaining Agreement Between the Village of North Aurora and the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150, Public Employees Division from June 1, 2018 through May 31, 2021
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Gaffino, Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
OLD BUSINESS - None
COMMITTEE REPORTS - None
TRUSTEES’ COMMENTS - None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT - None
ATTORNEY’S REPORT - None
FIRE DISTRICT REPORT - absent
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development - None
3. Police - None
4. Public Works - None
EXECUTIVE SESSION - None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Carroll. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray