Village Board Minutes
VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
SEPTEMBER 17, 2018
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle, Village Clerk Lori Murray.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher.
1. Suicide Prevention Month
Mayor Berman proclaimed the month of September 2018 as National Suicide Prevention Month in the Village of North Aurora.
2. Fairness and Equality Campaign of Illinois
Mayor Berman proclaimed that the Village of North Aurora is proud to support the Fairness and Equality Campaign in celebration of the Illinois Bicentennial, and encourage all residents to recognize and honor the core principles of diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination in Illinois and in the Village of North Aurora.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS - None
TRUSTEE COMMENTS - None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 8/20/18
2. Pay Request No. 2, Partial in the Amount of $138,842.55 to Layne Christensen Co. for the Well No. 8 Drilling
3. Pay Request No. 1, Partial in the Amount of $778,225.09 to Builders Paving LLC for 2018 Street Improvements
4. Interim Bills List dated 9/5/18 in the Amount of $179,282.13
5. Bills List dated 9/17/18 in the Amount of $1,125,674.44
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Carroll. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
1. Approval of a Bid from A Lamp Concrete, Inc. in the Amount of $339,156.45 for
the Monroe Alley Improvements Project
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
2. Approval of an Ordinance Amending the North Aurora Code Section 5.08.350
by Increasing the Number of Class L Limited Retail Licenses for an L-3 Arts Events Liquor License Authorized in the Village of North Aurora (Hammer & Stain)
Motion for approval made by Trustee Curtis and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
OLD BUSINESS – None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT REPORTS - None
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
TRUSTEES’ COMMENTS – None
ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – None
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – MOKA permit was issued on Friday. Mass grading will start on the Fox Valley Golf Course property.
3. Police – None
4. Public Works – None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Guethle. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray