Village Board Minutes
VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
JUNE 4, 2018
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle, Village Clerk Lori Murray.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Bill Hannah, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief David Fisher, Village Attorney Kevin Drendel, Jim Bibby of Rempe Sharpe.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
TRUSTEE COMMENTS – None
1. Village Board Minutes dated 5/21/2018
2. Release of Executive Session Minutes dated 12/18/2017 Session I and 1/15/2018
3. Ordinance Authorizing the Sale or Disposition of Surplus Personal Property
4. Interim Bill List dated 5/25/2018 in the Amount of $81,935.95
5. Bills List dated 06/04/2018 FY18 in the Amount of $220,136.00
6. Bills List dated 06/04/2018 FY19 in the Amount of $35,371.42
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino. Motion approved (6-0).
1. Approval of a Budget Amendment for Fiscal year 2017-18
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Gaffino – yes. Motion Approved (6-0).
2. Approval of an MFT Highway Resolution
Motion for approval made by Trustee Gaffino and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (6-0).
OLD BUSINESS - None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT REPORT - None
COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
TRUSTEES’ COMMENTS - None
Village Administrator Steve Bosco informed the Board that the part to repair the HVAC system at Village Hall should arrive this week. The HVAC system should be fixed before the next Village Board meeting on July 18th. Bosco thanked both the Police and IT Departments and Staff for their efforts in making sure the Board meeting could be held at the police station this evening.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
FIRE DISTRICT REPORT – Absent
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – Bill Hannah noted that Staff will be meeting with the auditors next week.
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – None.
4. Public Works – None
EXECUTIVE SESSION – NONE
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Carroll and seconded by Trustee Curtis. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray