Village Board Minutes
VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
DECEMBER 18, 2017
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER – MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle, Village Clerk Lori Murray. Not in attendance: Trustee Mark Gaffino.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco, Finance Director Bill Hannah, Community & Economic Development Director Mike Toth, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief David Fisher and Village Attorney Kevin Drendel.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS – None
TRUSTEE COMMENTS – None
1. Village Board Meeting Minutes dated 12/4/17; Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 12/4/17
2. Bills List Dated 12/4/17 in the Amount of $173,694.72
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Curtis. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
1. Approval of a Resolution Approving a Route 31 T.I.F. Façade Grant for 110 John Street Motion for approval made by Trustee Curtis and seconded by Trustee Carroll. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery –yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Guethle – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
2. Approval of Human Resource Manual updates
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Carroll. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
3. Approval of a Bid from Water Well Solutions Service Group, Inc. in the Amount of $654,762.50 for Drilling of Well No. 9
Motion for approval made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Carroll. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Guethle – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes, Trustee Carroll – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes. Motion approved (5-0).
OLD BUSINESS – None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT REPORT – None
COMMITTEE REPORTS - None
Trustee Carroll asked Staff to look into changing the sign at Village Hall to match the one that will be installed on the corner of Route 31 and 56 in order to have uniformity of all Village welcome signs.
1. Community Sign Update – Village Administrator Steve Bosco informed the Board that
the new community sign should be live by mid-January. The brown and blue logo will be placed on a white background so that it is more prominent. Staff asked the sign company if they had any recommendations for enhancements. They suggested outlining the white lettering in blue so that the wording stands out.
Trustee Curtis said that there is a lack of uniformity in the signs throughout the Village. Curtis added that she did not think the blue outlining would look good and would rather keep the lines clean and simple. Curtis suggested the words, “Village of” in blue and “North Aurora” in white. Trustees Guethle and Lowery said the sign would look good either way. Trustee Carroll said he agreed with Trustee Curtis and said the logo would look better with the white background since it would make the logo stand out more. Bosco said the main concern was the logo and will therefore have white behind the logo and keep the lettering the same.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT – None
FIRE DISTRICT REPORT - None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – None
2. Community Development – None
3. Police – None
4. Public Works – None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Guethle and seconded by Trustee Carroll. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray