Village Board Minutes
VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
VILLAGE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
AUGUST 7, 2017
CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Berman called the meeting to order.
SILENT PRAYER - MEDITATION - PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
In attendance: Mayor Dale Berman, Trustee Mark Gaffino, Trustee Mike Lowery, Trustee Laura Curtis, Trustee Mark Carroll, Trustee Tao Martinez, Trustee Mark Guethle. Not in attendance: Village Clerk Lori Murray, Trustee Guethle, Trustee Carroll.
Staff in attendance: Village Administrator Steve Bosco. Finance Director Bill Hannah, Public Works Director John Laskowski, Police Chief Dave Fisher.
George Schramer, 708 Lindsay Circle, North Aurora – Mr. Schramer mentioned that the new Village of North Aurora signs are very nice, however, the North of North Aurora does not stand out and sometimes is not visible, especially to those who are driving by. Mayor Berman said that there has been a lot of discussion and they are going to paint the words “North” in white so that the word is clearly visible.
Mr. Schramer also mentioned that there is a non-recoverable slope in North Aurora. Schramer explained that this is a road that is travelable but a vehicle cannot travel to the bottom. Schramer suggested a warning sign for this road which is located near Banbury Road from Batavia off Route 25. Mayor Berman said the Village will look into this. Public Works Director John Laskowski said that there are some maintenance options and future improvements being discussed for this area.
Trustee Curtis suggested a safe spot at the police station for people who want to do a Craig’s List transaction. Chief Fisher said he has a sign for this which will be placed at the station this week. Fisher said that this information would also be advertised for the community.
Trustee Gaffino said that NA Days was a success and they are already planning for next year.
Mayor Berman thanked everyone and said that Trustee Gaffino did an outstanding job as Chairman of the North Aurora Days Committee.
1. Village Board Minutes dated 7/17/2017
2. Interim Bills List dated August 3, 2017 in the Amount of $54,730.80
3. Bills List for FY ’17 dated August 7, 2017 in the Amount of $100,945.68
4. Bills List for FY ’18 dated August 7, 2017 in the Amount of $411,016.64
5. Pay Request No. 3, Final in the Amount of $109,460.60 to Jetco, Ltd. for the Automall Water Tower Painting project
6. Pay Request No. 4, Partial, in the Amount of $5,661.52 to Gerardi Sewer and Water Co. for the Cherry Tree Ct. Watermain project
7. Pay Request No. 3, Partial in the Amount of $162,893.15 to Geneva Construction Co. for the 2017 Road Improvements project
8. Travel and Expenses for Business Purposes in the Amount of $50.00
Motion for approval made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Curtis. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
1. Approval of a Special Event Permit for the North Aurora Mother’s Club
Community Parade - Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Lowery and seconded by Trustee Gaffino. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
2. Approval of the Purchase of Emergency Lighting Equipment, Installation and
Warranties for 5 Patrol Utility Vehicles for a Total Amount of $43,022.84 from Miner Electronics Corp.
Motion for approval made by Trustee Gaffino and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
3. Approval of a Bid from the Northern Illinois Municipal Electric Collaborative
(NIMEC) for the Purchase of Electricity for Streetlights
Motion for approval made by Trustee Gaffino and seconded by Trustee Lowery. Roll Call Vote: Trustee Gaffino – yes, Trustee Lowery – yes, Trustee Curtis – yes, Trustee Martinez – yes. Motion approved (4-0).
OLD BUSINESS - None
VILLAGE PRESIDENT REPORT - None
COMMITTEE REPORTS - None
TRUSTEES’ COMMENTS - None
-Village Administrator Steve Bosco thanked his staff for their assistance with this year’s North Aurora Days events.
-The Village received 16 RFQs from companies interested in providing proposals for the silo park project. Bosco said this is a huge turnout and there are a lot of good companies out there with great concepts.
ATTORNEY’S REPORT - None
FIRE DISTRICT REPORT - None
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
1. Finance – The monthly financial statements as of June went out today.
2. Community Development – None
3. Police - None
4. Public Works - None
EXECUTIVE SESSION - None
Motion to adjourn made by Trustee Gaffino and seconded by Trustee Curtis. All in favor. Motion approved.
Lori J. Murray