Police Commission Minutes
VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA
POLICE COMMISSION MEETING
April 14, 2016 at 18:00 hrs.
CALL TO ORDER
A motion was presented to commence with the scheduled open meeting by Commissioner Jungels and a second by Commissioner Winscott; the meeting commenced at 18:05 hrs.
In Attendance: Chairman Phil Jungels and Commissioners Rodd Winscott and Brian Reid.
• Approval of NAPD Commission meeting minutes from 09-Mar-2016 - open meeting. All present in favor.
• Approval of NAPD Commissioners meeting minutes from 09-Mar-2016 – closed Executive Session meeting. All present in favor.
• No other old business
• Reviewed officer candidate M. Nordstrom psychological assessment and polygraph reports - passed both.
• The Commissioner’s reviewed Officer Candidate M. Nordstrom’s assessment reports.
• Motion to approve conditional offer of employment for M. Nordstrom as a probationary patrol officer – All present in favor.
• Recommendation that NAPD offer reimbursement for probationary officer Nordstrom’s expenses to Rockton PD for formal training rendered to date at the Police Academy. Chairman Jungels to contact Mayor for final consideration and approval and follow-up with Chief Summer to contact his counterpart at Rockton PD. All present in favor.
• Chairman Jungels to send letter of refusal to officer candidates that failed background interviews.
• No Other new business.
A motion was made by Commissioner Winscott to adjourn the meeting to a closed Executive Session this motion was seconded by Chairman Jungels; all in favor; Motion Approved. Open Meeting adjourned at 18:25hrs.
Brian W. Reid/Secretary
North Aurora Police Commission