Public Safety Committee Meeting - Cancelled
THE NORTH AURORA PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE MEETING
REGULARLY SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2017
HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF AN AGENDA
Village Board Meeting - 7:00 pm
NORTH AURORA VILLAGE BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2017 – 7:00 p.m.
NORTH AURORA VILLAGE HALL - 25 E. STATE ST.
CALL TO ORDER - SILENT PRAYER - MEDITATION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
1. Truth in Taxation for 2017 Property Tax Levy
1. Illinois Bicentennial
1. Village Board Minutes dated 11/20/2017; Committee of the Whole Minutes dated 11/20/2017
2. Travel and Expenses for Business Purposes in the Amount of $60.00 for Dale Berman
3. Pay Request No. 5, Partial, in the Amount of $49,737.87 to Geneva Construction Co. for the 2017 Street Improvements
4. Ordinance Authorizing the Sale of Disposition of Surplus Personal Property
5. Bills List dated 12/04/2017 in the Amount of $392,516.01
1. Approval of the Messenger Public Library Resolution of the Board of Library Trustees for .02% Maintenance Tax
2. Approval of an Ordinance For The Levy And Assessment of Taxes in and for the Village of North Aurora, Kane County, Illinois for the Fiscal Year Beginning June 1, 2017 and Ending May 31, 2018
3. Approval of an Ordinance Levying the Taxes for the Waterford Oaks Special Service Area #4 for the Fiscal Year beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018
4. Approval of an Ordinance Levying the Taxes for the Timber Oaks Special Service Area #8 for the Fiscal Year beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018
5. Approval of an Ordinance Levying the Taxes for the Pinecreek (Phase III) Special Service Area #9 for the Fiscal Year beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018
6. Approval of an Ordinance Levying the Taxes for the Willow Lakes Special Service Area #11 for the Fiscal Year beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018
7. Approval of an Ordinance Levying the Taxes for the North Towne Centre Special Service Area #32 for the Fiscal Year beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018
8. Approval of an Ordinance Abating the Tax Heretofore Levied for the Year 2017 to Pay Debt Service on $6,885,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2014 (Alternate Revenue Source)
9. Approval of an Ordinance Abating the Tax Heretofore Levied for the Year 2017 to Pay Debt Service On $5,800,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2017 (Alternate Revenue Source)
10. Approval of a Resolution Restructuring the North Aurora Village Board Trustee Committees
11. Approval of 2018 Meeting Schedules for the Village Board Meetings; Committee of the Whole Meetings; Plan Commission Meetings and Trustee Committee Meetings
12. Approval of an Ordinance Granting a Variation pursuant to Title 17, Chapter 12 of the North Aurora Zoning Ordinance to Allow a Detached Accessory Building to Exceed the Total Square Footage of the Footprint of the Principal Building in the R-2 Single Family Residence District (111 Hettinger Lane)
13. Approval of an Architectural and Engineering Agreement with Muller & Muller, Ltd in an Amount Not to Exceed $63,792.98
VILLAGE PRESIDENT REPORT
1. Motion to Appoint Trustees to newly created Operations Committee and Services Committee
FIRE DISTRICT REPORT
VILLAGE DEPARTMENT REPORTS
2. Community Development
4. Public Works
Committee of the Whole - Follows Village Board meeting
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING
MONDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2017
NORTH AURORA VILLAGE HALL - 25 E. STATE ST.
(Immediately following the Village Board Meeting)
CALL TO ORDER
1. T.I.F. Façade Grant for 110 John Street
Leaf Collection - East Side Dec. 4
THE VILLAGE OF NORTH AURORA EXTENDS LEAF COLLECTION FOR TWO WEEKS.
Due to the amount of leaves still on the trees, the Village’s curb-side leaf collection program will be extended for two weeks, weather permitting. There will be one additional pick-up for the week of November 27 for the West side of the Village (west of the Fox River) and one additional pick-up for the week of December 4 for the East side of the Village (East of the Fox River). Please remember leaves MUST be out at the curb the Monday of your pick-up week. Curb-side pick-up will be dependent on the weather: snow, rain, below freezing temperatures and/or mechanical difficulties may halt curbside leaf collection during this time. PLEASE keep leaves away from mailboxes, streetlight poles, ditches or other obstacles.
Waste Management will also be extending their free bagged leaf collection to include pick-up on Friday, December 1 and Friday, December 8, 2017. Any leaves not picked-up at the curb can be bagged and put out on Friday December 1 or 8 for final pick-up. (Yard waste is NOT included in this extension. Last pick-up for yard waste is November 25 – stickers required).
There will be no further extensions after these dates as preparation needs to be done on the leaf-vactor trucks in order to add plows and inspect/prepare them for the snow season. Additionally, many compost sites close for the winter and may no longer accept leaves for disposal after this date.
Illinois Bicentennial Flag Raising Ceremony
The State of Illinois will be 200 years old on December 3, 2018. A yearlong Illinois Bicentennial celebration will be ongoing throughout the State of Illinois between December 3, 2017, and December 3, 2018 in commemoration of the bicentennial.
The Village of North Aurora will be acknowledging the Illinois Bicentennial with a flag raising ceremony and reading of a Proclamation on Monday December 4 2017 at 12:00 noon at the Village Hall. The community is invited to stop by the Village Hall to observe the ceremony.